January 8, 2013:
1. OMG OUR HOUSE IS ALMOST CLEAN! We are trying to get the house ready for the party on Saturday, and this is the cleanest (read: most organized) our house has been since we’ve moved in. We just have a couple of areas left (namely, this desk), and then we’ll be all ready for company. 🙂
2. Went to see The Hobbit with Sean.
3. Impromptu dancing around the house today. It was cute and romantic, and I liked it. 🙂
Person: Benedict Cumberbatch. Just saying, he’s awesome. Watching two episodes of Sherlock today has probably influenced this decision to make him my person of the day today. I have no regrets. 🙂
January 7, 2013: Sleepy-time Sean
1. Having some help with the shopping. I hate shopping so much, and I get overwhelmed so easily, but it was actually kind of fun this time. Got all of the decorations for Sean’s party. 🙂
2. Painting the beer pong table with my nifty homemade chalkboard paint. And it worked! So excited!
3. Cheese and cracker night. I don’t cook, so cheese and cracker night is always a good night for me, haha.
Person: Trevor, for coming shopping with me. For making it a fun experience. We got Sean some pretty awesome props for his super hero costume for the party this weekend. I would have been SO overwhelmed had I tried to do it all on my own, and I probably would have quit and left without actually getting anything. So thanks, Trevor, for putting up with my shopping spazziness, and for making me laugh.
January 5, 2013:
1. Hanging out with my friend Emma. She’s awesome, and it was super nice to catch up with her again. 🙂 Talking about old times, hearing about plans for the future, and all that jazz.
2. Yummy vegetarian dinner! I dunno know where Beth got that fried rice, but it was SO GOOD!
3. Cuddling with my husband and watching TV. Sure, we do that almost every night, but it’s just nice.
Person: I’m grateful for Emma and her family. They were there for me during some very rough times in my life, and now they’re still here when things are going good. I’m sad that she’ll be going to New Zealand soon, but I’m glad that she is about to start a new and wonderful journey! Good luck!
January 6, 2013:
1. Sean brought me lunch today at work. He also brought Kiera to hang out with us in the break room.
2. I tested out a chalkboard paint recipe for a beer pong table I’m making for Sean’s birthday party. Dunno if it’s gunna work yet (can’t test it til the paint’s dry), but it still made me happy.
3. DORITOS LOCOS TACOS FROM TACO BELL! OMG DELICIOUS HEAVEN IN MY MOUTH!!
Person: Today I’m grateful for my manager, Sal, who told me my new shoes looked nice. 🙂 It made my day.
January 4, 2013:
This is not quite the picture I had in mind for today, but Kiera insisted. Hurray for dogs with attitude.
1. Only working a 4 hour shift (no, seriously, if I’d had to stay longer, it would have been bad news).
2. Clean piggy cages. They’re always so happy to be on clean fleece!
3. Guava juice. Seriously, that stuff is delicious, and addicting.
Person: The actress that plays Amy Farrah Fowler on The Big Bang Theory. I watched the episode today where Sheldon gives her a tiara. I haven’t laughed that hard in a while! 🙂
January 3, 2013:
1. I really enjoyed having lunch with Michiko today. I hadn’t seen her since before the holidays, and it was nice to catch up and chat.
2. I loved the look on Hobbes’ little face when I was giving him head rubs at Michiko’s house. He just closed his eyes and tilted his little handsome face up. 🙂
3. The pizookie we got for dessert. Yum!
Person: The bartender at BJ’s tonight, for making my mojitos delicious and strong! 🙂
January 2, 2013:
1. New shoes! I got new work shoes (see above) and also new boots. As you can see, Sean also got new work boots, too.
2. Sitting in the sunshine with my puppy. I just sat outside on the ground and soaked up some rays. It was a nice change of pace to the overcast and rainy weather we’ve been having lately.
3. Nice phone calls with friends. I talked to two good friends today, and it was just nice. 🙂
Person: Today I’m grateful for Michiko. She is the director of the guinea pig rescue I volunteer with, and just all around awesome. She knows life has been a little hectic for me lately, and called today just to check up on me and see how I was doing. I really enjoyed talking to her, and felt much better afterward. We also made plans to have lunch together tomorrow. 🙂 I honestly don’t know how she does all of the amazing things she does for the rescue PLUS work full time PLUS go to law school full time! (I have a sneaking suspicion she doesn’t need sleep to function). Anyway, the rescue wouldn’t run without her, and I’d probably have about 20 more guinea pigs than I do now. Thank you Michiko for teaching me that it’s ok to let other people adopt them so that I can help save more, haha.
As the new year starts, I am reminded of all of the good, beautiful, wonderful things in my life. And I feel the need to start documenting them. Every day, I want to talk about three things I’m grateful for, and one person I’m grateful for – whether in general, or if they just made my day. Also, my husband and I are starting a Photo 365 project, so I will post those as well. Seeing as today isn’t over yet, I’ll talk about what I was grateful for yesterday.
January 1, 2013:
1. Cuddling with Eevee. She is such a sweetheart, and makes me smile every time I hold her and her chirps at me.
2. Going to the movies with my husband. I love sharing a giant tub of popcorn and watching crappy movies at the $4 theater with him. 🙂
3. Not getting a hangover after a night of way too much drinking. Just saying, I got really lucky yesterday, as I had a full day of work, and we partied hard on New Year’s Eve.
Person: Sean Cocca. I couldn’t start the new year off with anyone but him, now could I? As of today, we’ve been married for 7 months, and he is my rock. He reminds me that even “artists” need to eat, sleep, and shower. And that popcorn is only an acceptable dinner once a week – the rest of the week I have to eat real food. Food that he cooks. Because I would burn the kitchen down in my attempt to make anything remotely edible. And he tolerates that. And loves me despite it. He does so much for me, and still works two jobs on top of it. I love him so much, and am so grateful for the positive impact he’s made on my life. 🙂